Oops, I Did it Again

I was going to get to those report cards today, really.  But it seems that my creative side got the better of me once again.  No worries though, I've made some progress on a few fun things for next year, and that's a good thing!

This is my recycle box for next year.  I have done this for a few years now, and it's just so much cuter than putting out an old paper box.  This is literally a 20 minute project.  I painted a paper box with white tempera paint.  It dries fast and I did a few coats (my little one even helped).  I don't mind that you still see some of the print, it adds to the "recycle" theme.  Then, I cut out the letters using my Cricut and some scraps of paper I had.  Finally, I hot glued a few buttons and bow to the letters.  So simple!

I also cutsied up my fair sticks for next year.  These are the sticks I frequently pull to partner students up, etc.  For the past 7 years, I have used plain sticks and put them in a black tin can.  It's highly functional and somewhat decent looking, but this is just ridiculously cute (I may be biased).  I realize that bows are a bit girly, but really these sticks are for me.  They sit on my desk and I'm the one who pulls them, so if I want bows, I'm going to use bows!  Tee hee.  I made 30 sticks because we still don't know what class sizes will be like next year.  I made 15 green and 15 blue bows and hot glued them to the wide craft sticks.  I'll write the students' names on the other end of the sticks once I have a class list.  I got everything at Michael's, on sale, with a gift card-woo hoo! 

In my last post I showed you the fast finisher sign I will be hanging up next year to remind the students what they can do when they complete an assignment early.  The feedback was great!  It's always exciting when you guys leave comments!  A few of you asked for the sign template.  Well, here you go.  Enjoy!


Hopefully, next time around, I can report that I got to those report cards.

Toodles!
Share It:

2 comments:

  1. Your FAIR sticks & recycle box came out so cute!! I love the bows on the end of the FAIR sticks! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! They were so easy to make and I think they will add a lot of cheer to my desk. Maybe you'll make a batch for yourself!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!