A Bucket Full of Thanks

Every year I rack my brain for ways to thank my parent volunteers.  This year I have two dedicated women who graciously visit my classroom on a regular basis to help me prepare everything I need in order to do my job.  Week after week they show up and complete all the tasks in my "Parent Volunteer" bin.  I always tell them to do what they can and that I will do the rest, but even if it takes them 2 (or more) hours, they stay until they get it all done.  One of them even pops in throughout the week since she subs at our school on a regular basis.  With this level of dedication, I feel it is necessary to show my thanks.  So, here is what I came up with:


I kind of went with the summer bucket list idea and stuffed a sand bucket with lots of different items meant to help these ladies relax and stay cool in the desert heat this summer.  I used my Cricut to cut out the tag.  I debated on creating some clever poem to explain each item, but in the end I opted for a handwritten thank you simply because I feel it is more personalized that way.  I will place a card in each bucket.


The contents include:
  • InTouch magazine (because we all need a little mindless celebrity news now and then)
  • Yummy smelling lotion from Ulta (Dragonfruit)
  • Otter Pops
  • Insulated cup that can be frozen to keep drinks cool
  • A chocolate mask
  • Nail polish and nail files (don't judge the color shown, it has personal significance to the recipient and orange is just plain awesome-I got some for myself too!)
  • Cute small frame to match the color scheme of the bucket


The other bucket I made is a turquoise and lime green theme-the colors of each bucket were picked with the recipient in mind.  They are both adorable and I kind of wish I made one for myself-ha!  I truly hope that I am able to show these two women just how appreciative I am of everything they did for me this year.  Without them, it would have been extremely difficult to keep my head above water.

What do you plan to do for your parent volunteers this year?
Share It:

5 comments:

  1. lovee this idea....esp. the magazine... id love this basket....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just given you the One Lovely Blog Award!
    Come check it out!
    http://tonyastreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/2012/05/yeah-my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift! You mentioned the desert....I'm from Arizona and we do anything we can to stay cool!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super great idea. That is a really nice gift. I gave my parent volunteers strawberry and mint plants this year and made special gift tags for them.
    Pamela
    First Class Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!